Color Management Tools and Utilities
We will use this page to release generally useful tools for color management. These utilities grew
out of our custom printer profiling service and database
of profiled print labs.
All items are for use under the following conditions:
- We do not guarantee that they work. For anything. Period.
- Use at your own risk. We are not responsible for any consequences of your using these tools.
- None of these tools are supported.
- Our standard Terms and Conditions also apply.
- Printer color gamut comparisons. View
three-dimensional color gamuts for a wide variety of printers and papers. The gamuts are VRML models,
so you can twist, turn, and examine them from all angles.
- Profile conversion software: Free software to convert tiff images from one color space to another. This software allows photographers who do not own the complete version of Adobe Photoshop to convert their images to a profile for printing at a photo lab.
- Printer test images: There are a variety of images available from ourselves as well as other sources.
- We offer an updated version of the original PhotoDisc target. It includes the actual colors for various included test targets as well as synthetically generated test gradients and swatches. The test image is in the Adobe RGB color space. It is available in the following formats:
- Getty Images Test Image. This 12x17 image is in the TIFF RGB color space and is the standard test file that Getty Images uses.
- Norman Koren offers a superb B&W test image with steps for evaluating print density and flare. It is available as an 8x10, 400K sRGB JPEG. Be sure to read Norman's detailed instructions and comments.
- Bruce Lindbloom has 8 and 16-bit reference images. These synthetic images contain electronic versions of a GretagMacbeth ColorChecker and other targets.
- We have electronic versions of the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker for both the recent and legacy pigments. These can be used as an initial check of printer or monitor profile accuracy as well as for calibrating Adobe Camera Raw.
© 2013, Dry Creek Photo. All Rights Reserved.